Wednesday, June 19, 2013

And The New Journey Starts...

The past year brought so many changes to our lives. And after Kendall was born, we decided to give back to others. More on that story can be found on our website and old journal.

Today was KKF's first time out in action. I (Stephanie) went by myself this first time, but plan on having helping hands on future projects.

I came to be friends with Lauren through our FB anencephaly support group. And I was honored to be welcomed at Baby Ethan's birth today and help out with the many molds she packed, as well as provide custom art from KKF. I think there were also at least 8 Bibles we put prints in as well.

I'm thankful for Tracy with Be Not Afraid for being the family's liaison. We had actually spoken to each other while I was pregnant with Kendall, but we had never met. I also had the pleasure of meeting another anencephaly mom, which flew in from Michigan to be a supportive friend. With all hands on deck, we formed an assembly line to get all the pieces finished. 

"God moment" for me during the day: After a family member learned Ethan was born at 1:15, she recalled having some chills about that time. I hadn't known the birth time yet when she asked me what time I had gotten there. She knew the chills came when I had entered off the elevator... "1:15" I replied. I was the last one to get there... Ethan was waiting on everyone before letting the birthday begin! God was there!

Congratulations to Nick and Lauren on their sweet baby boy! 
~Continued prayers for your family~


No comments:

Post a Comment